Create a new employee orientation package for an Information and Record Clerk to include an introduction, checklist, work schedule, job expectations, behavior, and performance requirements.
In an 8-10 slide PowerPoint presentation:
· Introduce the HIM department, key functions, and your role as the HIM manager.
· Describe the role of the Information and Record Clerk.
· Create a checklist of orientation activities to show items you plan to cover. For example, a tour of the department, workspace, and where the supplies are kept.
· Outline a work schedule. Consider that a work schedule is needed by an HIM department where there are multiple employees and multiple shifts of work.
· Describe the changing HIM roles and outlook for HIM professionals. Specifically, address the future of the Information and Record Clerk (or related) role.
· Identify key disciplinary actions that may be used to address employee behavior.
· Explain types of performance appraisal activities used to evaluate employee performance. Use the Record Clerk as an example.
NOTE – Be sure that proper grammar, spelling, punctuation, and sentence structure are displayed. Make sure any sources are cited in APA format. Also, see the attachment for additional information to complete the assignment.
Expert Solution Preview
Welcome to the new employee orientation package for an Information and Record Clerk. This package has been designed to provide you with a comprehensive understanding of your role, responsibilities, and expectations within the Health Information Management (HIM) department. As the HIM manager, it is my primary goal to ensure that all employees receive a thorough orientation that equips them with the necessary knowledge and skills to excel in their positions. Let’s explore the components of this orientation package.
Slide 1: Introduction to the HIM Department and Manager’s Role
– Provide an overview of the HIM department, its functions, and its significance within the healthcare setting.
– Describe your role as the HIM manager, highlighting your responsibilities and how you support the department’s goals and objectives.
Slide 2: Role of the Information and Record Clerk
– Clearly define the role of the Information and Record Clerk, emphasizing their importance in maintaining accurate and secure healthcare records.
– Explain how their role contributes to the overall efficiency and effectiveness of the HIM department.
Slide 3: Orientation Checklist
– Present a checklist of orientation activities to illustrate the topics you plan to cover.
– Include items such as a department tour, introduction to colleagues and supervisors, overview of departmental procedures, familiarization with the workspace, and location of supplies.
Slide 4: Work Schedule
– Outline a comprehensive work schedule that takes into account the HIM department’s needs, considering multiple employees and multiple shifts.
– Highlight the importance of adhering to the work schedule to ensure smooth operations and provide optimal support to healthcare providers and patients.
Slide 5: Changing HIM Roles and Outlook for Information and Record Clerks
– Discuss the evolving nature of HIM roles in response to advancements in technology and changes in healthcare policies and regulations.
– Address the future outlook for Information and Record Clerks, acknowledging potential opportunities for growth and expanded responsibilities in the field.
Slide 6: Disciplinary Actions for Addressing Employee Behavior
– Identify key disciplinary actions that may be implemented to address any behavior that deviates from established guidelines and standards.
– Emphasize the importance of maintaining professionalism, ethical conduct, and compliance with policies and procedures.
Slide 7: Performance Appraisal Activities for Evaluating Employee Performance
– Explain various types of performance appraisal activities used to assess employee performance.
– Utilize the example of the Information and Record Clerk to demonstrate how their performance can be evaluated, such as through productivity metrics, accuracy of record keeping, teamwork, and adherence to deadlines.
Slide 8: Conclusion and Additional Resources
– Summarize the key points covered in the orientation presentation.
– Provide additional resources, such as handouts or online materials, to support ongoing learning and development in the role of an Information and Record Clerk.
In conclusion, this new employee orientation package aims to provide a comprehensive understanding of the Information and Record Clerk role within the HIM department. By familiarizing yourself with the key functions, expectations, and future outlook of this role, you will be well-equipped to contribute to the success of our department and provide exceptional support to healthcare providers and patients. Ensure to reference any sources used in APA format and maintain proper grammar, spelling, punctuation, and sentence structure throughout the presentation.