Prior to beginning work on this assignment,
Beefsteak is a fast-casual restaurant concept from acclaimed Chef José Andrés that focuses on the “unsung power of vegetables” (Beefsteak Company Background Packet, n.d., page 7). José Andrés is a world-renowned chef and owner of a number of restaurants. He was nominated for the 2019 Nobel Peace Prize for his work with disaster relief through his nonprofit organization World Central Kitchen. Andrés’s mission is to change the world through the power of food.
For this assignment, you will be developing a recruiting and a selection strategy for Beefsteak to include both managerial and staff positions. You will want to think through the three sequential stages of recruiting found in Chapter 11 of the course textbook:
- Sourcing: process of generating a pool of applicants
- Assessing: evaluation of knowledge, skills, and abilities, and other characteristics necessary to perform a job
- Employing: process of moving the desired candidate into employment
First, consider and discuss the importance of Beefsteak having a positive organizational image and brand, and the impact on recruitment. Take into consideration the importance of recruiting for diversity. Next, you will need to develop a selection process, starting with the application, recommendations, employment testing, past experience, drug screening, computer-based screening, and interviewing. Be sure to consider both managerial and staffing positions for both the recruiting and selection strategies.
In your paper,
- Analyze Beefsteak’s company profile and business model.
- Construct a recruiting strategy using the three sequential stages.
- Discuss the benefits of diversity in recruiting, Beefsteak’s brand, contemporary human capital topics, and predictive analysis.
- Create a selection strategy for both managerial and staff positions.
The Beefsteak: Reinforcing Culture Through Human Capital Development Case Study—Recruiting and Selecting paper
- Must be four to five double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA Style Links to an external site.as outlined in the Writing Center’s APA Formatting for Microsoft Word Links to an external site.resource.
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper in bold font
- Space should appear between the title and the rest of the information on the title page.
- Student’s name
- Name of institution (The University of Arizona Global Campus)
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Due date
- Title of paper in bold font
- Must utilize academic voice. See the Academic Voice Links to an external site.resource for additional guidance.
- Must include an introduction and conclusion paragraph. Your introduction paragraph needs to end with a clear thesis statement that indicates the purpose of your paper.
- Organize sections of your paper using level headings.
- Must use at least two credible sources in addition to the course text.
- Must document any information used from sources in APA Style as outlined in the Writing Center’s APA: Citing Within Your Paper Links to an external site.guide.
- Avoid overdependence on direct quotes. Direct quotes are a great way to strengthen our assertions and provide support. However, be sure to avoid using excessive direct quotes in lieu of original thought. Direct quotes will not meet the requirement for analysis, application, and critical thinking. Please ensure to not overuse direct quote so that you can avoid losing points for this. Review the Integrating Research Links to an external site.resource from the Writing Center for additional guidance.
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA Style as outlined in the Writing Center. See the APA: Formatting Your References List Links to an external site.resource in the Writing Center for specifications.
Carefully review the Grading Rubric Links to an external site.for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.