The Professional Experience assignments in this course are designed to help prepare you for communicating in a professional work setting. When you are writing in the workplace, it is essential to:
- Follow any specific directions you receive.
- Consider who it is you are communicating with.
- Consider what your overall purpose in communication is.
To earn full credit, make sure you complete all assignment requirements and follow the instructions exactly as written. See the scoring guide rubric for specific grading criteria.If you submit your Professional Experience assignment before the due date and you are not satisfied with your grade, you may resubmit one time for an opportunity for full credit points. Check with your professor for the resubmission deadline.
For this Professional Experience assignment, write a 25–50 word summary of a recent article (published within the last 18 months) that is focused on effective professional communication.
- Download the Week 1 Professional Communication Table [DOCX] that you will use for this assignment. This document also offers an example for you to help complete the assignment.
- Save the file to your desktop using the following file name format:
- Example: Smith_PE1_DOC.docx
- Article is focused on professional effective communication.
- Article is published in the past 18 months.
- Summarize the article in 25–50 words.
- Complete the Professional Communication Table [DOCX] with the following information:
- Hyperlink to the article.
- Date of article publication.
- Your 25–50 word summary of the article
- Your name in the “Employee” column.