Read the following articles:
Then select one current technology in the criminal justice system. For ideas on current technologies, refer to the list below.
- Surveillance technologies. (A list is maintained on the ACLU’s Surveillance Technologies page.)
- Facial recognition technology.
- Thermal imaging cameras.
- AI/predictive policing.
- Automatic license plate recognition.
- Body cameras.
Write a 2–3 page paper in which you:
- Describe the technology, its purpose, how it works, and when it would be used.
- Discuss the ethical and privacy issues around the technology.
- What impacts might this have on the future if the ethical and privacy issues are not resolved?
- Use three sources to support your writing. Choose sources that are credible, relevant, and appropriate. Cite each source listed on your source page at least one time within your assignment.